Choose a secure sign in method
You must sign in to access the Environment and Climate Change Canada ("ECCC") service you requested.
Use a Sign-In PartnerContinue to Sign-In Partner
- Use the same sign-in information you use for other online services (e.g. online banking).
- None of your information (e.g. financial, banking) will be shared with ECCC. Your Sign-In Partner will not know which government service you are using.
- You will temporarily leave the ECCC web site to use your Sign-In Partner.
View the full list of Sign-In Partners
- Affinity Credit Union
- Alberta Treasury Branches
- BMO Financial Group
- CHOICE REWARDS MasterCard
- CIBC Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce
- Desjardins Group
- National Bank of Canada
- RBC Royal Bank
- TD Bank Group
Use a GCKey
August 28, 2020
Important notice: GCKey cyber security incident
We are taking action in response to a cyber security incident related to GCKey, a secure sign-in method used to access many Government of Canada services, including Environment and Climate Change Canada’s applications using Single Window Information Manager (SWIM).
The small number of SWIM users that have been impacted by this incident have already been notified and their accounts disabled. If you have not received a notification, it means your account is not affected.
Malicious actors took advantage of the fact that many people use the same login information across multiple online accounts by re-using passwords and usernames collected from previous hacks. As soon as the Government of Canada became aware of this security incident, all affected accounts were revoked immediately. To enhance the security of your information, the Government of Canada has also implemented a new mechanism (Captcha) as part of the GCKey login process to make it more difficult for automated tools to attempt repeated logins.
We encourage all SWIM users to use unique passwords for all of their online accounts (whether Government of Canada or other) and to respect the following best practices for passphrases and passwords. We also invite you to consult the Treasury Board of Canada news release as well as the GCKey frequently asked questions for further information.
The security of your information is of utmost importance to us. We continue to monitor the situation and may implement additional measures to enhance the security of your information as appropriate.
Thank you for your vigilance and your understanding.
Single Window Information Manager Team
- Sign-in with a GCKey user ID and password if you do not use one of the Sign-In Partners.
- Register for a GCKey user ID and password if you do not have one.